top of page
Wall construction

Dropped kerbs, vehicle crossings & driveway design planning applications

Dropped Kerb Parking by Domenech Design

Having a drop kerb installed can be a valuable investment for your property as it has the potential to increase its value by up to 10%. This is due to the fact that a drop kerb is one of the most sought-after amenities by property buyers. However, it's important to note that the degree to which it increases your property value will vary depending on where your property is located.

To apply for a dropped kerb, your property must:

  • Leave enough room for you to park your vehicle completely on the property.

  • Be a minimum width of 2.4m 

  • Be more than 10m away from a road junction. 

  • Meets visibility guidelines

  • Have suitable drainage near your house. 

  • Be at least 1.5m from streetlights.

  • Avoid removing tree roots

We have more information on dropped kerb, driveways and vehicle crossings in our blog. Or contact us and we'll be happy to assist you with your design and planning application.

When designing a dropped kerb or vehicle crossing, it's important to ensure that it's safe and accessible for all users. Our team of experts can help you with every aspect of the design process, from planning and surveying to construction and maintenance. Contact us today to learn more.


We provide design drawings and handle the planning application process for a dropped kerb or vehicle crossing to your property, enabling you to include driveway parking.

We conduct a measured survey of your property and the surrounding street to clearly map out the existing layout and proposed design of your crossover and driveway, complete with a dropped kerb to your home. These drawings are submitted to the council's planning department, and we handle your planning application from start to finish, acting as your agents.

Are drawings are clear and drawn to scale to demonstrate the design of your dropped kerb, driveway and crossover works and is not a hazard to road users as the councils normally consult with their transport department.

bottom of page